Equine Welfare & TRL Integrity Statement
Integrity will be the empowering cornerstone of ‘The Racing League’ (TRL).
The TRL will act with honesty and adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical values. The miRunners vision is to utilise the TRL to re-launch a set of standards that will build trust and transparency in racing with mainstream audiences and assist in the creation of a new perception of racing publicly. We expect our actions to be consistent with our words and we hold ourselves accountable for our integrity statement.
- TRL will operate under a fully compliant ASIC scheme, incorporating two annual, independent, external audit events. The sale ring price of yearlings acquired is the purchase price. We add an estimate for GST payable by TRL, however there is no markup on any purchases TRL will not participate in prize money earned, all prize money is distributed quarterly, pro-rata to owners
TRL will actively seek sponsorship of TRL and events associated with TRL. Bloodstock agents must sign a legally binding agency agreement that precludes any possible conflict of interest transactions, providing a statement including but not limited to:
disclosing any ownership in a horse or party related to the horse that may be presented for buying (inc. dam, sibling or sire)
disclosing any vendor the agent acts on behalf of
disclosing any other clients the agent will be representing or shortlisting for at the sale
- Disclosing any other clients the agent will be representing or shortlisting for at the sale
- A number of shareholders in TRL are also vendors of yearlings. TRL is precluded from buying yearlings from these vendors. This includes Kitchwin Hills, Sledmere Stud, Kulani Park and the breeding entities associated with Grant Bloodstock and Whitby Bloodstock
- TRL will work closely with Racing Australia requirements to ID all TRL owners
- Aside from the monthly subscription fee charged, the TRL will earn a 20% performance fee whenever a TRL owned horse is sold at public sale/auction at a price in excess of its purchase price
- As a part of the Terms and Conditions at sign up, owners are obliged to contribute toward the retraining of any retired race horses that is not sold at public auction
- In adherence to the Rules of Racing in the State in which the horse is domiciled.
TRL will operate under an ‘Emergency Action Plan’. This will address situations including, but not limited to;.
untimely death of any horse representing the miRunners or engaged in TRL
the disqualification, stand down or suspension of a TRL trainer or issues that may bring TRL into disrepute
- If deemed appropriate TRL can permit the acquisition of yearlings rated by the engaged vet as ‘moderate risk’ or ‘Grade 3’ scope