Nominate a name for Written Tycoon x Steps in Time for the NSW Tycoons
How it works
Written Tycoon X Steps in Time who is trained by Richard & Will Freedman for the NSW Tycoons is getting ready for his first stable prep and he needs a name!
YOU COULD WIN
If the name you submit is the name chosen for the horse you will win more than that incredible feeling of thousands of people shouting the name you inspired. The individual whose name is chosen by owners will:
- Personally meet to meet the individual horse, one on one
- Present the name to the Freedman stable
- Receive a framed photograph with the horse
NOMINATE A NAME NOW
Step One – Come up with your most creative name possible that suits the horse, the theme (if applicable) and you love. You might even come up with more than one name, GO FOR IT!
Step Two – Make sure it abides by Racing Australia’s naming rules click here
Step Three – Submit your name with the reason why you choose that name
So get your pens out and your brains ready to find the perfect name for Written Tycoon x Steps in Time who is trained by Richard & Will Freedman for the NSW Tycoons
To find out whether the name you have chosen is eligible click here
Enter your name suggestion
What is your name nomination for Written Tycoon x Steps in Time trained by Richard & Will Freedman for the NSW Tycoons?
HOW EACH STEP WORKS
STEP ONE – CHECK THE DATES Naming of the Written Tycoon X Steps in Time filly commences 22nd August 2022 and nominations are open for seven (7) days. Nominations close at 5pm on August 29th 2022.
STEP TWO – GET TO KNOW THIS HORSE Names should reflect the individual horse, your state & your team.
A name should be meaningful and include the reasoning behind the name chosen. A name can become so much more powerful when you understand its story.
Names can combine stable nicknames, sire or dam, personality traits, personal stories. It’s up to you, just remember creativity is a significant factor in determining the shortlist of names for owners to vote on for the final selection of the racing name.
STEP THREE – GO FOR IT!
Come up with your most creative name possible that suits the horse and the theme!
STEP FOUR – THE RULES FOR NAMING
As per the Racing Australia Regulations names must meet the following criteria
- The maximum length of a name is 18 characters, including spaces and apostrophes
- Punctuation marks other than apostrophes are not accepted
- Names may be rejected if they are difficult to pronounce or read
- Any name, the use of which would be contrary to law, will not be accepted
- The Registrar reserves the right to reduce, extend or add a name
- A name cannot be repeated for 17 years after the birth of a horse with the exact same name
- A name cannot be scandalous or vulgar
A name submission must also be available. Before you submit your name suggestion make sure it is available by checking the Racing Australia Naming Database that can be accessed here: https://www.racingaustralia.horse/SearchServices/Horse_name_search.aspx
STEP FIVE – SUBMIT YOUR NAME SELECTION
To assist owners in understanding and then voting on suggested names, the relevance of any name suggestion needs to be shared.
Only suggestions that are made via the form on site that include the reasoning you have put forward for the name will be considered for team owner selections.
To provide inspiration in the naming process and to learn more about YOUR horse’s personality and traits keep an eye out for:
- News articles for each horse that is being named
- Owner reports on that horse
- Anyone can enter suggestions but ONLY OWNERS have final say and can vote on naming
- A shortlist of at least ten names and up to twenty five names from the name submissions will be provided to owners to vote on.
- Creativity are paramount when submitting a name, TRL would love to see original names that reflect the theme, the horse personality and the team
- Every name submission must be accompanied by a short explanation of the reason why the name was chosen.
- Naming will be open to the public for nominations from 22nd August through to 29th August
- Owners will vote on a shortlist of name nominations the following week
- Naming submissions will be made to Racing Australia by 8th September.. Owners will be notified ahead of the public on the submission + names. A public announcement on social media will follow
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Click here to view the terms and conditions for this naming