League Points Calculation : Racebook prize money divided by 1,000
- Each Team will compete in the League, within the bounds of each individual state’s jurisdictions. All Teams must comply with the Principal Racing Authorities rules and regulations.
- Each Team and associates agree to be bound by the relevant rules and regulations of the Principal Racing Authorities and that of any overriding governing body.
Awarding of Points for Premiership Ladder
- Points to be accumulated over the 12 months of The Racing League Season which will run from Everest/Caulfield Cup day to Everest/Caulfield Cup day the following year. (Apart from Year 1 which commenced May 1, 2021, & concluded on Everest/Caulfield Cup Day 2022). The Premiership Table is to be updated as soon as feasible after runners’ official results have been recorded.
- In the 2022/23 season the Premiership will be decided based on prize money earned. The calculation of prize money to points is prize money /1000. For reference in the inaugural TRL Premiership, points were awarded based on the class of races the horses were competing in.
- Points allocation table by classification for the 2021/2022 Premiership was as per the table.
Ranking of Teams at end of Season
- TRL shall maintain a Premiership Ladder that determines the position of Teams competing in the Premiership Competition. The ranking of Teams on the Premiership Ladder at the completion of the Season shall be determined in accordance with the following procedure:
- The order of Teams shall first be determined by the number of Premiership Points accumulated by each Team, by placing in descending order the Team with the highest accumulated Premiership Points through to the Team with the lowest accumulated Premiership Points;
- The Premiership Points accumulated by Teams shall be adjusted if necessary and at any time, to take into account any changes in the Official Race Results as provided by Racing Australia
- Where two or more Teams still remain tied, they will be determined as joint premiers